The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day August 30 2020



The last Sunday in August is never an easy Sunday and in the morning numbers were down from the previous week with several away and a number listening in on zoom again. We had difficulty in getting the sound right for the zoomers and we need a more permanent set up organised. We had a visit from a Bolivian man - I don't recall anyone of Bolivian background being with us before (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador I think but not Bolivia). I preached I think as clearly as I have ever preached the gospel - from Matthew 11:28-10. In the evening ti was just zoom and only a reading adn sermon as usual - Lamentations 3:22, 23, which I don't recall looking at ever before.

No comments: