The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

EMA 2021 Day 1 and 2

Stephen Boon

So I have been enjoying the online EMA Conference. Yesterday began with an excellent exposition of Luke 19:1-10 from Rico Tice. Phil Allcock, on Luke 19:11-27 was perhaps not so impressive but it is  a harder passage to work with. The exegesis and exposition sessions with Andrew Sach on Ezekiel and Stephen Boon on Ephesians were okay but a little laboured but useful on the whole. The conference persists in using its least able participants to read Scripture, which seems to me a mistake. I'm not sure that autocue helps either. I enjoyed seeing the cherry red Gretsch Catalina drumkit that the band use. Various other bits come in between sessions. Interesting to know what is going on. Proclamation Trust are to be thanked for putting this on despite the drawbacks.

No comments: