The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day June 27 2021


As one might have expected numbers were down on last week, this week - no newcomers, no visitors and not all the newcomers returning. Nevertheless there were a good number present, including the return of a Filpina and her grown up children and four Iranians all told. I carried on in Luke 7 with the story of the raising of the son of the widow of Nain. In the evening we were only on zoom. We looked at Joshua 21 and the allotment for the Levites. I could have done better with that with more work I fear. Our Brazilian friend joined us which was good.

No comments: