The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 47 2021


It was slightly Christmassy this week. I started playing Christmas music and noticed a band I'd not noticed before from Canada called Coig who have two nice Christmas albums. I also read a few pages from a collection of Christmas stories I have on kindle that I downloaded last year or the year before and went out and did some Christmas shopping! I also read some more of Northanger Abbey, which I started to reread the other day in a beautiful Chiltern Publications edition and another in the series of art books from the shelf on the landing that I began on recently. This week, it was Lautrec. Again, I had a vague idea of things but this helped get me clearer on the short lived French artist. In the evening I watched the Bake off final because others were watching it.

No comments: