The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 45 2021


This week I stuck to my new policy of reading one of these art books I have collected each day off. I chose the one on Dali which was very interesting. Dali was at his most prolific in the thirties but those paintings still seem very modern. I also read two of the three new Day One Books on Welsh heroes. I read  the one on Thomas Coke by John Aaron first as I knew least about him. Then I read Nathan Munday's one on William Morgan which is fine although there is not much to say. I know about Thomas Charles and look forward to reading Jonathan Thomas's take on him. Each book is around 70 pages and I guess has young people in mind. Looking forward to seeing more. I was also reading some books I have agreed to review for Foundations and watched some TV in the evening. I also spent time movinga  desk out ot the bedroom and replacing it with a bookcase.

No comments: