The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting November 24 2021

 

So we reached the final chapter of 1 Chronicles on Wednesday night. Not an easy book to tackle and as ever I know better how I would do it than when I started. it is good to know it has been done. Not sure when we'll get to 2 Chronicles. Again a good prayer time as we continue to zoom. We had a members meeting the next eveing so didn't hang about. That was all very interesting. Watch this space.

No comments: