The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day November 21 2021


Yesterday, having finished my morning series on the Ten Commandments, I preached first on 1 Timothy 1:8 going through wrong ways to use the Law and the three legitimate uses spoken of by Calvin. In the evening we had communion and I preached on Hebrews 12:18-29 about our having come as believers to Mount Zion not Mount Sinai. Numbers were down rather in the morning but a lady came who we haven't seen for a long while, with her two young children who were very patient before Sunday School (where we potentially have ten at the moment).

No comments: