The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Differences between justification and sanctification



  1. Justification is binary, Sanctification is progressive
  2. Justification is legal, Sanctification is moral
  3. Justification is free, Sanctification is costly
  4. Justification is instantaneous, Sanctification is life-long
  5. Justification is perfect, Sanctification is always imperfect in this life
  6. Justification is by faith, Sanctification is by faithfulness
  7. Justification is not of works, Sanctification is of works
  8. Justification concerns Christ’s righteousness, Sanctification concerns my righteousness
  9. Justification involves my position in Christ, Sanctification involves my practice
  10. Justification considers what God has done, Sanctification considers what I am doing

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this. Thapelo

witelite said...

“Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭17:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/114/jhn.17.17.NKJV
I have found this keeping me on the right path in terms of growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ!

Gary Brady said...

Thanks both