The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day January 2 2022


Last Lord's Day was one of the stranger ones in my life. The previous week I tested positive for covid (as several family members also have) and although I have not been too bad with it I have had to isolate, including last Lord's Day. Thankfully, one of my deacons had family staying and his son and son-in-law were able to stand in for me. So in the morning James Howlett preached from Deuteronomy 6:4-9 and in the evening Pieter de Jong from Titus 2. They both preached well. We listened online along with a few others. I don't how many were there in person, although I hear there was at least one new person. Frustrating not to be there but seeking to accept it in the Lord.

No comments: