The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

In the Shadow of the Rock


So we now have it, the much anticipated autobiography of my esteemed father-in-law. The man himself was here this afternoon and kindly passed on a copy. I have started it and am looking forward to reading it. I am aware of some of the content, of course,  but it will be good to go through it properly. It will be an interesting read. as for getting hold of a copy, I'm not sure. he publisher is RHB in America. Geoff has started a new blog here.

No comments: