The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 24 2022


We had a very good number last Sunday and a much smaller congregation in the evening. We had friends from the US with us who came to lunch. That was good. In the morning we went back to Luke 9 and looked at verses 51-56. As happens sometimes, it preached better than what I prepared, which is good. There are a number of psalms that I have never preached on , as far as I am aware, so I decided in the evening to tackle Psalm 14. Goo day.

No comments: