The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Aberystwyth Trip





I made a flying trip to Aber last week. I went to get my son Gwïon. I took a gown for him as it was graduation day (two years late). He didn't attend the ceremony but we took some photos and had a nice meal in Medina. He also met up with friends. It was good to to catch up with Rhodri and family. I had attended popping into my sister's en route home but she had covid so that was not possible (I had hoped to see her first grandchild too so a shame).

No comments: