The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day July 17 2022

 


Last Lord's Day was a good day. As we worked our way through Luke 11 I came to the verse that is written up behind me and that people see every Sunday. It was good to go through it and the verse before. There were good numbers morning and evening but a few missing for various reasons. There was a new Iranian young lady full of enthusiasm. I hope we see her again. In the evening we had communion and then I preached on Micah 6 - almost there now.

No comments: