The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 30 2022


A big chunk of my most recent day off was spent reading the new book on John 13-17 by Sinclair Ferguson There are several such books and I have read some of them. This one can be highly commended from all points of view. Great stuff. I would have finished the whole thing but got distracted by a fact based procedural crime drama. I also managed a visit to my currently favourite food place and gave the dog a couple of walks.

No comments: