The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 29 2022


Last Tuesday it was very hot. I stayed indoors and read. I am currently reading Steve Nichols' biography of R C Sproul which is leisurely, thorough and has a nice tone. It is interesting to find out the background. I am also reading a birthday book from one of my sons by joournalist Ann Treneman, looking at 100 graves in Britain (William Blake, Marc Bolan, General Booth, John Bunyan, etc - its by area not surname). I also watched episodes of Trom a Faroese drama (a bit plodding). Eleri and I also had a meal in Brent Cross before she headed west to camp with the school.

No comments: