The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day September 18 2022 Pains Hill


The preacher in Childs Hill yesterday was my former assistant Andrew Lolley. I think they had a good day. I was off into the countryside to preach at Pains Hill, as I do from time to time. The church there is small and getting older and although they have seen one or two conversions and some interest, people are generally apathetic and there is an understandable apprehension about the future. I had a lovely time with old friends in the afternoon. I preached the same sermons as the week beofre with a little tweaking.

No comments: