The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day July 30 2023


We carried on in Luke yesterday morning (Luke 17:1-6). For some reason it was quite short I would think. In the evening were in double figures but a small number. I took the three groanings of Romans 8 and that went well I think. In the morning our visitor from last week returned with his wife,which is good. One of my sons and his family are with us so it was nice to have them with us.

No comments: