The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Thames Path South 2-4a in reverse (Battersea Power Stn-Wandsworth Bridge)






I found it difficult to get back on to the path Tuesday. After a coffee on the Finchley Road I got a train to Victoria again and then a bus to the Chelsea Gate, Battersea Park. I then walked beyond Battersea Power Station before deciding to walk backwards to the Wandsworth Bridge where I had left off the day before, seeing New Covent Garden, the cats and dogs homes, having a lovely walk along the edge of Battersea Park (eventually) and also passing the Albert and Battersea Bridges and seeing the heliport (just missed one taking off) and St Mary's, Battersea, where I failed to locate the grave of Benedict Arnold. Having walked in reverse I could revisit the MacDonald's I had found and catch the bus to Victoria once again to head home. Warm weather though it actually rained at one point.

No comments: