The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

In Writing 113

For many years now I've been involved in the Evangelical Library here in London (See link). One of my reponsibilities is to produce what is usually a twice yearly magazine called In writing. The task has only nominally been in my hands in recent years but it is now back in my court and we have recently produced a new 32 page edition (No 113).
The main feature is an 11 page transcript of a lecture given by Dr Gerald Bray back in the summer on Martyrdom: the baptism of fire. This was the Library lecture for 2006. There are also various other brief articles of news and general interest plus an update on books recently added to The Library. The magazine is free to Library members and sells at £1.50 to others.

No comments: