The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Hand me up

My boys are not sure about my current coat. Having abandoned my C&A job (how long ago was it that they stopped trading here?) I'm now using my eldest son's old parka. A 'hand me up' is what they call it.

5 comments:

Guy Davies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guy Davies said...

I used to have a coat like that when I was a teenage mod. Back then, we used to call them "fishtail parkas" . I didn't used to wear mine with a baseball cal tho'.

Have a happy Christmas!

Gary Brady said...

I must admit that the parka I had as a kid was no great shakes. I really like the fishtail on this one. Once again your age advantage tells. Whereas I only caught the (fish?)-tail end of the mod era, you experienced the full blown revival. Do you think I should get a roundel stitched on the back?

Guy Davies said...

The roundel kind of makes you a moving target for marauding rockers, so I wouldn't bother with one, unless you're feeling a bit brave. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Do you still have that coat?

I will buy it from you, can jou make more pictures of it?

Thanks