The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Christmas Grotto

Apparently my youngest son was at Harrods today with his school to see Santa (Sion Corn in Welsh - John Chimney!). It's not like the old days. They all went in together. He didn't even ask them what they wanted for Christmas. He was just interested in encouraging them to leave mince pies out for him!
When I was a boy it was quite different. Little boys sat on Santa's knee for their photo. For various reasons that doesn't happen today.
So here's a snap of me in the corner of a sixties supermarket sat on some bloke's knee. I wonder who he was. (Assuming it wasn't the real one).

No comments: