The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Not Harry's Sister


As I said when I began this blog we don't get to the cinema often. It was Dydd Santes Ddwynwen yesterday, however, and so we went to see Miss Potter. It's been out a while now but if you get a chance .... It really is brilliant. Interesting, funny, well cast, moving, brilliant sets and scenery, 'U' certificate (though not for kids - the one steamy scene [!] appears in the trailer). I think it's pretty correct historically. Even the animation works, which I wasn't sure about.

No comments: