The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Haircut

One thing I like about London is its cosmopolitan nature. I was on the Kilburn High Road today and this is where I got my hair cut. It's one of those long narrow half shops with mirrors to make it look bigger. There are three hairdressers together. The first has a hand written sign in Amharic or something similar in the window. I've tried the next one. I had a haircut from a Russian girl. Bobby Wei is from the Congo and did me a good haircut at a good price. It's one of life's pleasures I reckon. I've got an essay about hairdressing in my head that I'll have to share one of these days. Don't hold your breath.

No comments: