The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Visiting Dad 09

We headed for Wales today and came first to Newport to see my dad. He was much brighter today for the first time in a week and may be that is a good sign. He was asleep when Eleri and I arrived but woke and was glad to see us and not surprised as I'd said we would be coming last week. We trooped the four boys in with us and my dad was pleased to see them. We read a bit more from Mark and I prayed. We weren't there so long.
We went on to Cwmbran to see my sister and her children. It was nice to see them. William was in and out. He's just decided to leave the Croesy team to pray for Llany. Gail took a dim view of that being a good Croesy girl.

1 comment:

William Wilson said...

Hi Gary good to see that your Dad id much brighter and feeling a bit better.See you soon as we arrive tomorrow in Aberystwyth.And look forward to meeting you.Will remember you and your family and your Dad in prayer tonight.
Yours in his true grace of our Lord.