The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Gwyl San Steffan 2015



A Boxing Day Walk is a good tradition and we sort of managed it last Saturday (not officially Boxing Day I understand but still the day after Christmas). We started with ambitious ideas but in the end we strolled round Waterlow Park in Highgate, somewhere I'd not been before. I had a smart phone for Christmas so I was able to execute my first real selfie. Back home there was preparation to do for Sunday but we found some TV time for Agatha Christie (so so) and Dickensian (which is looking really good - the combination of snow and Victoriana is just magic).

No comments: