The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Banner Conferences


My son and his friend got back from a well attended and enjoyable Banner Youth Conference late last night. He particularly enjoyed John MacArthur on Luke 15 and 2 Timothy 2 as well as Sinclair Ferguson and others. Buying books is not that much fun when your father has a big library and when you've been to Banner a few times the question time has a familiar ring (... now this doctrine of predestination ...) but he enjoyed meeting old friends and new. The decision to take a nap during the recreation period was probably a wise one.
I'm off to Leicester myself today but I can't head off until late tonight so I hope getting in won't be too difficult. I'm sorry to be missing Gerard Hemmings and Sinclair Ferguson. I'm looking forward to hearing John MacArthur, who I've only heard once before in the flesh.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Hi Gary
I was also at the Banner youth conference. It was the best conference I ever attended. I wonder if I met your children. My name is Daniel van Straaten and I am a graphic designer for Christian Focus Publications.