The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Hundred Texts 11-20

11. Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12. Romans 5:1, 2
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
13. Acts 16:29-31
Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
14. John 14:13,14
And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
15. John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
16. John 4:24
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
17. 2 Timothy 3:15
… and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
18. Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
19. Acts 4:12
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
20. Luke 1:46,47
And Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Saviour.”

No comments: