The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Romania


Organizatori:
EDITURA FĂCLIA şi UNIVERSITATEA EMANUEL, ORADEA
împreună cu
EVANGELICAL PRESS, ANGLIA
CONFERINŢĂ
a celor ce slujesc prin puterea
Cuvântului lui Dumnezeu
19-20 Octombrie, 2007
GREUTĂŢILE SLUJBEI ŞI REZOLVAREA BIBLICĂ A ACESTORA
CONFERENŢIARI:
Phil Arthur , Anglia
Gary Brady , Anglia
SE DESFĂŞOARĂ ÎN CAPELA UNIVERSITĂŢII „EMANUEL” DIN ORADEA
Str. Nufărului nr. 78
Pentru confirmarea participării dumneavoastră vă rugăm să sunaţi la : Editura Făclia,
Tel: 0259 – 419318 sau 0722-609746


This is the heading for a conference that I'm going to be speaking at this week in Romania. I've little experience of this sort of thing so I'm slightly apprehensive. The programme begins tomorrow and is thus:

Thursday
Travel to Oradea (Romania) on a KLM flight to Budapest (Hungary) via Amsterdam then on to Oradea, 160 miles east, just over the Romanian border. I fly from Heathrow alone and join up with John Rubens and Phil Arthur in Holland.
Friday
After Phil Arthur has spoken and after coffee I speak at noon on preaching from Proverbs. Then in the afternoon we follow the same pattern and at 5 pm I speak on Expounding Ecclesiastes. There is also a question and answer session later that day.
Saturday
There is another half day of conference and I speak at 11 am on Sermons from The Song of Solomon.
Lords Day
In the morning I preach (10 am) in Golgotha Baptist Church, Oradea (Pastor Daniel Tanc). I will be translated by Dr. Corneliu Simut.
At 5 pm I preach in the evening service at Sion Baptist Church, Oradea (Pastors George Padure & Viorel Ile). I will be translated by Viorel Ile (with whom I will be having my evening meal - before or after)
Monday
Back to Blighty by the same route in reverse.
Do pray.

3 comments:

Alan said...

I imagine that the alliteration will work in Romanian, too.

Bon voyage, Gary !

Alan said...

O no it won't ! Song of Solomon will almost certainly begin with "C", won't it...

Yup - it seems to be Cantarea

Gary Brady said...

You're right!