The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 American words we know

Someone said to me 'What about American words'? 'Sounds good' I said but we couldn't really think of any. There are plenty of American words we know that substitute for English ones and I''ll try and do red Indian words one day but what I want is words coined in America we now use here in England. I've found some. Are there others?

1. Blizzard
2. Hangover
3. Hindsight
4. Joyride
5. OK
6. Radio
7. Raincoat
8. Rattlesnake
9. Stunt
10. Teenager

(Perhaps one can mention airplane here, fast overtaking good old aeroplane)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "blog"?

Gary Brady said...

Probably