The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day September 8 2013

Our college students were all around yesterday before heading off and there were visitors too so the morning congregation was quite full and the evening one not too bad. I preached from 1 Corinthians 8 (part of the series I'm doing). I think I was as clear on that as I have ever been. It boiled down to three questions we all have to ask - Is it right? Is it in line with my conscience? Will it cause my brother to stumble? We also had lunch together which we always enjoy. In the evening I started a new series on Jonah, always a great book. Toothache developed again through the day but I guess it's mind over matter and didn't bother me much while preaching.

No comments: