The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 names for coarse fish

I found this list in George Orwell's Coming up for air. Coarse fish are any freshwater fish apart from salmon or trout. (I know nothing about fishing but I tried this question on my wife's brother-in-law and he came up with the same names unprompted).
1. Roach
2. Rudd
3. Dace
4. Barbel
5. Bream
6. Gudgeon
7. Pike
8. Chub
9. Carp
10. Tench
(Orwell also has Bleak, the one my relative failed to get at first)

No comments: