The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Bradford Induction

It was good to be in Bradford on Avon last Saturday for the induction of the new minister, Robert Strivens, formerly elder here in Childs Hill and Principal at the London Seminary. The chapel was packed as was the tea later in a nearby school. The last seven years have been difficult ones for the Bradfordchurch, following the deparure of their previous minister Paul Oliver and the loss of all the elders by death, retirement or resignation. A new church has been formed based in nearby Hilperton and members of that church were present.Basil Howlett chaired and Bill James preached. The service can be viewed here on Youtube.

4 comments:

Jonathan Hunt said...

I looked out for thee but didst not see thee there!

Gary Brady said...

Sorry Jonathan. That's a shame. I wasn't hiding.

Jonathan Hunt said...

Had I been able to stay for snacks I would probably have seen you. I was downstairs.

Gary Brady said...

That explains. I was upsstairs. I could see Guy and Ben M but not yourself.