The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day February 23 2020

Half term makes things a little difficult and so on this second Sunday we were a little down in numbers for this and may be other reasons. Lots of lateness does not help either. Anyway, I preached on the fourth commandment and on Song of Songs 3. I have a seminary student on placement with me at present and so I had him read our consecutive readings from Psalms and Job. We had a new lady from Iran. It was a shame there were not other Iranians present.

No comments: