The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 12 2020


Thankfully I'm not a great one for the church calendar as on Good Friday I was busy preparing and preaching my Easter Sunday sermon on Luke 24:45-47 and the resurrection. For the first time I did it with a visual as well as audio. See here for link. I didn't feel it had gone too well but when I listened on the Lord's Day it wasn't so bad. So it was the usual pattern 10 am singing some resurrection hymns then from 11 listening to a recorded morning service with an evening zoom at 6.30 pm when about 20 of us tuned in for our evening meeting when I prayed and read and preached Psalm 121. We also had a Junior Church on Saturday morning. Still wondering who I'm missing.

No comments: