The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 26 2020


We began with some hymn singing via zoom as is our pattern these days. We then listened to what I prepared on the previous Friday carrying on with 2 Corinthians. I decided to put headings up for the sermon's various points but didn't put the reading on the screen apart from the reference. The Youtube recording is about an hour and can be accessed here. An audio version is available here. In the evening it was again live on zoom and we looked at another psalm, Psalm 103. Again just a  prayer a reading and the sermon, followed by a little chat. We seemed to be down in number. I'm losing track but I think this must be the sixth Sunday of doing this so it's a habit now. Who knows when it will be over.

No comments: