The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting June 17 2020


It was quite a moment for me last Wednesday and nothing like I'd imagined it but as I have now preached on almost all of the Bible, I have come to the point where I think I may be ready to tackle 1 and 2 Chronicles. And so we started off with 1 Chronicles 1:1-27 and it was okay. We are on Zoom still but that is not too much of a problem by this stage I hope. We also had a good time of sharing and praying as ever. Good turn out again.

No comments: