The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 25 2020


Thin week the day off was a bit bitty as I was trying to fix my coffee machine and set up a new hub for the wifi. We were fairly successful with the hub but not with the coffee machine which still functions fine for my Americanos but will not do frothy milk. The hub chain was overdue. In the evening I watched the second two of the BBC's dramatisation of the Salisbury poisonings, which was quite well done. I had rather forgotten about this outrage not having been affected by it. Its parallels with the present crisis are obvious. Got one or two other things done too, including my 10,000 steps, although that did include doing circuits in the kitchen at night.

No comments: