The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day February 7 2021


Just six or seven of us to start the first Lord's Day of the month with communion. We were about double that for the main service with a good number listening in on Zoom. I did a Lloyd-Jones and kept my overcoat on (as he often would in his later ears), it was so cold. I did another in the series on things to meditate on, namely the four last things. There was a lot of material. I smuggled in some 18 points - don't tell anyone. In the evening it was all on zoom. Carrying on with Luke's Gospel we looked at Chapter 5:1-11 and that went well. We were joined by Andrzej Kempcinski from Legionowo in Poland (where it was -11 degrees on Sunday). He keeps very cheerful despite the many difficulties. It was good to hear from him again, stirring us up to pray. 

No comments: