The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day February 14 2021


Way behind here but last Lord's Day we had a surprisingly good number (for these times) in the chapel, just creeping into double figures, despite some regulars being absent. I decided to do a one off from Matthew 6 - Eight reasons not to worry. I had been thinking it through for someone I know and thought we could all benefit at this time. I managed to come up with eight Ps that should remind you of the salient points with some facility. In the evening, it was zoom only, carrying on in Luke with Luke 5:12-16. We also had a virtual visit from our friend Andrzej Kempcinski in Legionowo, Poland, which was good.

No comments: