The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 45 2022


I was still ill last Monday (not quite there even now by the end of the week) but as I tried to get back to normal I took my usual Tuesday day off but took time to do one or two things. I watched a film in the morning from the part of history I probably know best. When I went out I picked up the latest Private Eye. My favourite cartoon, I think, was a man in a tie hauled in front of a tieless committee. "We see you are weariing a tie" they say. Also watched University Challenge in the evening (currently being shown on Tuesdays due to rugby league). The latest Free Grace Broadcaster arrived. Very interested to see the title - conscience. See here.

No comments: