The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 47 2022


I kicked off by going out to do some shopping. Starting on my Christmas shopping I suppose. I was also reading. On to a book on the Cathars now. Channel 5 are showing Christmas films which I thought I might try to watch but they are pretty much poorly done romantic comedies so far. I caught the end of the Argentina Saudi Arabia game in the wolrd cup and was amazed to see that the Saudis had won. That's what the world cup is about. Also caught University Challenge recorded from the night before. More TV in the evening.

No comments: