The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 44 2022


As mentioned, we had family here last week - my four grandsons and their mum and dad. When they come for half term one needs to be flexible and we managed it more or less. Tuesday was my official day off as ever but I snuck some other time in for parks, etc. On the Tuesday, we headed to the Natural History Museum. My daughter-in-law has a friend working there and she arranged some exclusives for us which was great. The family also did other things such as watching a stage version of Frozen which they loved, etc. Great week, except that I ended it with a bad cold. Ah well.

No comments: