The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day November 6 2022


By Sunday morning my cold was quite bad but with the help of Lemsip and an afternoon nap I got through. We began with communon, always rather small in numbers. I then preached on Luke 12:13-21, the parable of the rich fools, with references to Alexander the Great, Jimi Hendrix, Ivan BoesKy, Yussif the Turk and Howell Harris. Good numbers but people missing as ever. A new Iranian lady turned up - only arrived here seven days ago. Hope we see here again. One man was there in time for the servive but when I said I had no money to give him he went. Two or three birthdays to celebrate over coffee and later in the day. In the evening I preached through Job 8-10 - quite demanding for a small congregation. We will need to take a break next week.

No comments: