The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 46 2022


I decided on this week's day off I would grab breakfast in MacDonalds. In a charity shop I spotted a book of booklists which looked like it was made for me. I also made a start on another of these books I have on Mediaeval subjects. I haven't finished the one on Alchemy yet but I thought afresh start might be good so I dug out the one on the Gnostics. Very interesting. In the afternoon I watched Miracle on 34th street which I had somehow never seen (the 1995 remake). In the evening it was University Challenge again (after the Bake Off final with my wife).

1 comment:

Legs Lowther said...

Living life on the edge Gary.