The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Contributors to Beatles Tracks



1. Andy White Drums “Love Me Do” (1962)
2. Johnnie Scott Flute “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away” (1965)
3. Alan Civil French Horn “For No One” (1966)
4. David Mason Soprano Trumpet “Penny Lane” (1967)
5. Robert Burns Clarinet “When I'm 64” (1967)
6. Eric Clapton Guitar “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” (1968)
7. Chris Thomas Harpsichord “Piggies” (1968)
8. Nicky Hopkins Electric Piano "Revolution" (1968)
9. Billy Preston Electric Piano “Get Back” (1970)
10. Brian Jones Saxophone “You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)” (1970)

No comments: