The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Banner of Truth Ministers Conference Closing Morning 2023





I was rather ill towards the end of the Banner conference.and so I missed the final prayer meeting and thefirst morning session, when Philip Eveson spoke for the second time. I was able to listen to Dr Robert Strivens give the closing sermon, however. He spoke very helpfully on a phrase from Colossians 1:28 We proclaim him. All the sessions were recorded and if you get in touch with Banner you should be able to access them for a fee. Those who attended the conference and registered, as I have, can access them for the next year. I've started to isten to Philip Eveson now.
A conference is always more than the public addresses and it was good to share fellowship with many men - Mark Raines over from America, Paul Whitely, Adam Laughton, Mark Thomas, Bernard Lewis, Hugh and Ed Collier, etc. Then not able to spend much time with others such as Mark Johnson, Jeff Haskins, Andrew Saywell, etc.

No comments: