The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 9 2023


People leave London if they can over Easter, generaly speaking. We had a decent morning congregation, however, with a new vistor and her young child, as well as a visitor with family. I had some sort of food poisoning the day before and so my wife didn't make it but I was thankful to be able to preach. We looked at John 20, 21, 20:1-23 in the morning and then 20:24-21:14 in the evening. Always great to be back to the theme off the resurrection and to sing those wonderful hymns. (On SUnday morning there were only three people in the congregation born on English soil).

No comments: