The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Greatest Try of All Time?

Even if your interest in rugby is only mild you have to admire this try scored 40 years ago today. (I must admit that the involvement of so many Welsh men adds to it for me, including the commentary from Cliff Morgan) PS Thanks Martin Downes for reminding me.

2 comments:

Trevor's Gardener said...

Gary,

the quality (of the video, not the try) is a bit better here:
http://www.rugbydump.com/2006/08/11/barbarians-1973-gareth-edwards-try

Tim

Gary Brady said...

Thanks for that tip. I've altered it accordingly.