The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day January 13 2013

I preached yesterday in the morning on false teachers from 2 Peter 2:1-3. This was a return to the series that I began towards the end of last year. I had thought of returning to Numbers in the evening but the point we have come to covers too simialr ground to the morning sermon and so we  had a one off from a text I found in 2 Kings 18:3, 4 which is really about dealing with idols. We had tea together before the evening service, which is always a nice time. Numbers were quite good even though most of the students are back in college. A number of others were away for various reasons. Last Sunday I was preaching Aberystwyth. I'd meant to write p some sort of report but with the Carey Conference I was too busy.

No comments: