The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 puns for remembering Welsh words


1. Crud - From his cradle, he was taught the creed
2. Crys - My shirt has a crease
3. Byd - The world is round like a bead
4. Caws - Cheese is made from the milk of cows
5. Duw - In all things give God his due
6. Ffordd - He came along the road driving a Ford(d)
7. Dim - He knows nothing; he's rather dim
8. Wedyn - The barn dance was afterwards - later the barn dance but first the weddin'
9. Ateb - Question: When do I look for shells on the beach? Answer: When the tide is at ebb 
10. Bedd - Teach me to live, that I may dread the grave as little as my bed

No comments: